Thursday, April 7, 2011

Challenge - New Technique

Now that the challenge is up at Amber's Crafts & Stuff, I can post about my design team project.

My new technique is PAPER CRAFTING.   I know a lot of you may laugh, since 99% of our posted projects are papercraft, but I've never tried it. 

When my kids were really little, I tried "scrapbooking", but not to the extent that you could call it papercraft.  It was mostly ticket stubs from their outings pasted on a similarly themed scrapbook paper, i.e., if they went to the aquarium, I pasted their ticket stubs and any (really bad) pictures I took to a piece of paper with fish on it.  Super basic and boring.  Even they got bored after about 3 outings, so I quit.

Then my dear sister started her craft blog and I saw all the amazing projects these ladies create and I thought I'd give it another try.

I made a gift box. Well, re-created really.  Bad pics follow:


FRONT VIEW


TOP (lid)



SIDES

The pics are worse than usual and I apologize, but the box is SO SHINY that it was virtually impossible not to get a glare (even with no flash).

My sister's friend has 2 little boys whom I adore and spoil, and I believe they have birthdays coming up real soon, so this will come in handy!

I'm also entering this in the "Make a box or gift" challenge at Lollipop Crafts.  (If decorating a pre-made gift box doesn't qualify, just let me know - it WILL NOT hurt my feelings!!)

After I was done with this, I made 3 cards and really enjoyed myself.  I'll have to stock up on paper now!!



No comments:

Post a Comment